With the sudden rush of DSLR cameras in the market, point-and-shoot cameras have been set aside for quite some time. Do people still find these cameras useful?! Yes. Most photographers carry one. In fact, in the (semi-closed) society I live in, point-and-shoot camera is the way to go. Well, maybe that’s a personal choice. =)
So, here it is. I still have my Olympus cameras with– discharged batteries? If that’s the term to use. They’ve stopped working years ago. So, I asked a salesman in a tech store if they still sell batteries for the said model of camera. He said that if the battery is #42, then I can go to any NIKON, CASIO, OR FUJIFILM STORE because I can use their batteries for my Olympus camera.
So I did. Here in Jeddah, most of the stores don’t sell those batteries anymore. They all pointed us to go to Ballad. Even in Ballad, the stores still pointed us to this SPECIFIC Olympus store which is in the same building where you can find McDonald’s and Body Shop. When you enter the building, you go straight to the center where the escalator is and on the left corner is where you’ll see the shop.
Though, it’s a point-and-shoot camera, I still changed some settings to suit my preferences. =) So here are the samples: Note: I don’t use flash, I try not to use flash in all of my photos, that’s why I have to shoot up some of the settings. =)
Not bad, right? =)
Now, the truth why I want to revive the camera is because:
- There are public places here where a big camera can get people’s attention. I try to avoid that as much as possible.
- Setting up a DSLR requires time. Sometimes, I just need to shoot fast.
- My phone’s battery quickly drains out and I always need a backup camera, in case I need one.
- I really like the size of this black Olympus camera. =)
- There…and..and—the other reasons would be just unnecessary justifications of why I want to revive this thing. haha =)
So, do you have an old point-and-shoot camera you want to revive? You may use it, or give it as a gift. Who knows?! They may make some good memories out of it. =)
Olympus Mju 1040 – Check in Amazon