*Originally posted September 10, 2015. *Updated: November 29, 2017 *Contains some affiliate links
Many moms (or people =)) here in Jeddah have been looking for something to do that could help them earn extra income while staying at home. I understand that as foreigners here, we support some people in our home countries. Sometimes, we even send a great percentage of our salary to them, leaving us with just enough to survive another month.
Well, I hope this post can help, not only moms, but many expats who want to earn extra income.
(All FB pages & websites below are posted with permissions from the owners. Click the photos to go to their pages. If you want yours to be added, leave your link in the comment box below.)
1.Party foods/Catering. Are you good at cooking a delicious dish for a gathering of 30-50 or more? Do you know that most moms in Jeddah make extra income by just preparing cooked or sometimes frozen products for their friends? Check out some moms who cook for people. You may need one in the future. Please feel free to call them.
2. Packed lunch. Most of the single employees don’t have time to cook at home. If you post your lunch menu for the next day-with the price, and contact number, people will contact you to just pick-up their packed lunches. (The cost of a packed lunch range from 10-25 SR. It depends on what you will include. Rice, meat, veggies, dessert, soup, etc) If you have friends who work and are willing to pay to have ready lunches, then that would be great, right? An example is Asari Kitchen. Visit Askari’s page to see their menu.
3.Baking. Showcase the sweets and cakes you have made by posting them on social media and tell people you are taking orders. This is the easiest way to get people know you exist. You can also make a Facebook page to have a more organized view of all your products. Making an FB page, helps keep track of your visitors and posts reached per post. Get inspired by these moms who have done a really great job! (You may click the photos to go directly to their FB pages)
4. BAKING/ COOKING LESSONS. If you feel that all the above can be so tiring and you just want to do something like once a month or twice a month. Then conduct a baking or cooking lesson. Many moms who bake simply advertise the classes they are going to offer along with the price and the topics that will be covered. You’ll be surprised that many people are interested to join such classes!!! Check out the list of Home Bakers in Jeddah by Jedah For Kids:
ARTS & PHOTOGRAPHY
5.Calligraphy/ Art Classes. Artwork by Kehkashan creates fine art paintings, drawings, graphic designs, calligraphies for people and institutions. She offers classes, so if you are interested, please contact her through her FB page.
6.Photography. If you are good at taking awesome and unique shots, then go ahead and post samples of your work in a website, folder or again, create your FB page. Here are some of the great lady photographers we have around. If you need photographers for your events, give these great ladies a call. 😉 They really take amazing pictures. =) I just love their shots!
This has got to be one of longest lists I have in this post. Fashion related business is one of the greatest income generating activity you can do here in Jeddah. The raw materials you can buy are endlessly beautiful. =) From the elegant cloths, to the pretty beads, from the equipment to the thrift shops where you can buy them.-sigh- Jeddah can sometimes be a haven for designers. =) No wonder, many ladies are earning through this kind of home-based business. Here are some of the examples of the pages of these dilligent ladies who have ventured to this kind of business: (all pages are posted with permission from the owners) 7.Clothing. Below are ladies who have been venturing into fashion. Most of them design dresses, abayas, traditional clothes, and scarves. They post these items online for friends and followers to see and buy.
For Pakistani designer collection call Sana : 0567968508- (Whatsapp number)
8.Jewelry/ Accessories. If you are like me who loves tinkering with small items and make accessories, then why don’t you make your own and sell them. Just like these ladies here. Click their pages and be inspired. Get ideas, but please don’t copy their photos and post them on your pages without giving links or credits. =)
9.Cosmetics/Stylist. This is an in-demand work during weddings, but did you know that some people earn by giving tutorial classes on how to put on your make-up? =) Some, however, become re-sellers of cosmetic products, like Avon.
CLASSES & OTHERS
10.Music lessons. If you are musically inclined, you may give guitar, piano, or voice lessons to students. This may be for 3x a week, or every day. It depends on your availability. Below are examples of ladies who render tutorial classes for musical instruments. Check out Jeddah For Kids’ list of music teachers in Jeddah
11. Tailoring & Stitching Classes/Service. For tailoring classes/services, call Sparkling Minu at 0537030932. 12.Party Entertainers. Well, this one is something different, but would be well needed in parties. =) Clowns, magicians, face painters, etc. If you know how to do these things, then post it online so that people will know you offer such services. I know a friend who earns extra by being a party entertainer in Birthday parties. =) These services won’t get all your time. They will take just 2-3 hours of fun/sacrifice. Check out Jeddah For Kids’ LIST OF PARTY ENTERTAINERS 13.Event Planning. If you are the type of person who likes to organize events, you’ll be happy to know that those skills can help you earn extra. These ladies here help people set up decorations for special events. =)
14.Mothering. This below, is a really awesome find. I never knew that there’s someone in Jeddah who offers one-day workshops and Childbirth Education classes. This page informs ladies about fertility, pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting support. So, if you have something unique to teach, feel free to post about it like this Jeddah Natural Mothering:
15.Daycare. Taking care of friends’ kids is a great way to help and earn at the same time. Many moms who work here have this difficulty of looking for babysitters. An example is Little Sprouts. It is a daycare/Montessori style place where kids can learn and be taken care of while their parents are working.
16.Button Pins. If you are good at designing, why not try making souvenirs for parties and companies? Below is an example of button pin giveaways. You may also try making invitations, party favors, etc.
17.Writing/ Online content maker. If you are into writing, you may be surprised that people actually earn by just writing content for websites. Visit the sites below:
18.Start your own website. Earn through AFFILIATE LINKS. If you are not into ‘making stuff’, you may try to start your own website/ FB page- gain traffic, and let sponsors and companies pay you for the space they can get on your site.
Start your own website at www.wordpress.com
In affiliate link, when someone clicks a product link on your site and buys the product, you get a commission. Souq.com has an affiliate program wherein you can just post the link of the product on your site or on your personal Facebook account if you don’t have a blog. You’ll earn a percentage of the sales. If you want to learn more about affiliate links, be sure to subscribe to this site because I’ll be posting more about it soon.
20. Martial Arts Teachers. Many moms are looking for Martial Arts teachers for their boys. If you are a lady who knows how to teach martial arts for girls, then it will be a great opportunity for you and for the kids. Check out Jeddah For Kids’ Martial Arts Teachers.
21. Be a tutor. Teach different subjects to kids. Most moms here are looking for teachers who will teach their kids after school hours and help their kids as well in school works especially in English.
22. Specialized products. There are products that are specialized for a specific group of people like this Sling by Sling Mom. This helps carry your baby whenever you are going out. If you want to order, please visit their page below:
The long list above can be really inspiring. You may want to try one. The key is to inform people you do such service. You can start by telling your friends, post online (in closed FB groups, if you are shy.) People will start getting your service soon and buy your products.=)
Be sure to read the comments below from the community. =)