Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal inaugurated the Jeddah Waterfront Project last month and people in Jeddah are all excited to get a sight of this amazing project.
The Jeddah Waterfront project was envisioned by the King of Saudi Arabia, following a decree to improve public amenities and recreation in Jeddah.-ATKINSGlobal
Set in the heart of Jeddah, the design makes the most of the site’s position by the Red Sea to utilise water borne transport such as water taxis and ferries.
The aim of this project is for people to be encouraged to navigate their way around the various amenities on foot or by bike, via car-free cycle routes, while children’s play areas will ensure it is family friendly.-ATKINSGlobal
Note: This is just one side of the Waterfront, you can watch the video below to see the entire length of the Jeddah Waterfront Project
If you’ve reached the JEDDAH landmark and got thirsty, you can simply go to the other side and go to Fun Time Pizza & Game , Jeddah. That’s the nearest establishment around where you can buy food and drinks. Entrance for kids is 10 SR each.
You don’t have to worry about comfort rooms, because unlike the old Corniche, this place has many toilets available. The plan is to have 120 scattered along the Waterfront. Just please be respectful of the next person who is going to use it by flushing and putting your trash in the bin.
There are already videos circulating the web about the trash and icky things done and left inside just days or weeks after the opening. Hopefully, it won’t continue because there are penalties against vandalisms and those who damage the public properties in the new Jeddah Waterfront.
Playgrounds for kids:
Kids will love these play areas. The slides are designed as vehicles.
They should really add more swings. =) The kids are patiently waiting in line just to play here.
Walking and bicycle lane:
Finally! A bike lane. =) You can now bring out those bikes and freely pedal along this clear road. You can also walk or jog between the two bicycle lanes.
IMPORTANT Facts about the Jeddah Waterfront:
- The Waterfront will have control and surveillance center equipped with 120 high-resolution cameras with facial recognition technology.
- These cameras are connected to the control rooms of the public security agencies as well as the municipality to help the officers identify any offenders.
- The 720,000 sq. meter-project also includes smart seats that have energy sources and outlets that the Jeddah Secretariat sought to provide in accordance with its initiative to develop smart cities.
- The Jeddah seafront project also includes the longest pedestrian bridge in the Kingdom, connecting the Corniche and Prince Faisal bin Fahd Road.
- The project will also feature three beaches for swimming, five beach control towers and a 125-meter fishing pier with 15 umbrellas and six family restaurants, a marina for small boats and a floating dock.
- The new project will also feature a 480-meter sea wall, 120 toilets, 24 kiosks, and 14 fountains, four of which are interactive and dancing fountains.
- The competent authorities have made it clear that they will not be lenient in applying prescribed penalties against vandals who damage public utilities at the newly opened Jeddah Waterfront.
- The sources pointed out that the minimum fine for any act that damage the public utilities at the site is SR200, while it can go up to a maximum of SR5,000.
- Those who cut the lighting pole cables will be fined between SR3,000 and SR5,000, and the damaged light will be repaired at the expense of the perpetrator.
- In cases of causing damage to the sidewalks, streetlights or landmarks, the violators shall be fined SR500 to SR1,000, in addition to the cost of repair.
- Fines for the destruction of the greenery, destruction of cages that protect plants, tampering with public parks and causing damage to palm trees or any other trees are punishable by a fine of between SR200 and SR1,000. Source: Arab News and Saudi Gazette
Here’s a beautiful video of the place. I took photos of just a part of the Waterfront, this video covers the other areas. Just so beautiful.
The song in this video! Epic. Haha The song is about Jeddah. I could hear streets and places in Jeddah in the lyrics of the song. I find it very amusing. =)
This is how the entire project should look like when done: There will be ferris wheel, malls, dancing fountains, restaurants, etc =)
Here’s my video version of this post:
Jeddah Waterfront location:
- Jeddah Waterfront by Arabnews, saudi-arabia
Have you been to the new Jeddah Waterfront? What did you like most about it? Share your photos/ links if you have one. =)
Subscribe to Words and Wonders
Tavola, Jeddah is a shop where you can find first class baking and cooking equipment. It has been a really long time since I last visited Tavola Shop in Tahlia…
There was no electricity in our area last Thursday, which rarely happens here in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The power usually comes back after 15 minutes, but I decided to just…
KidZania is an interactive child-sized replica of a city for children ages 2-14. It combines fun, role-playing, inspiration, and helpful trainings for kids to enjoy. Inside the KidZania city, children…
Silk is produced by several insects, like silk worms but generally only the silk of moth caterpillars has been used for textile manufacturing. It’s surprising to know that Jeddah is…
I previously posted about the new Victoria’s Secret PINK store that recently opened in Red Sea mall, Jeddah. I mentioned in that post that I was going to give away…
If you have been to Al Shallal theme park in Jeddah, these Arabian lanterns are probably the last decorations you’ll notice because you’ll have to look up and stare at…
Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal inaugurated the Jeddah Waterfront Project last month and people in Jeddah are all excited to get a sight of this amazing project. The Jeddah Waterfront…
I’ve loved Victoria’s Secret‘s (VS) perfume line since high school. Though these bottles have been available in the kingdom for so long, the first VS Pink store has just recently…
Foodex Saudi is Saudi Arabia’s Leading International Trade exhibition 100% dedicated to the food and drink industry. Professional Saudi buyers from the mass distribution, retail, manufacture, and hospitality industry will…