I first fell in love with button pin machines back in college days. My friend and I were given the task to give a design to a shop that makes button pins . We were surprised at how fast the process of creating button pins/ badges was. I knew at that moment that I could do it. The cost of materials vs. the profit was also good.
How to make a button pins (or some call it badges):
- Create a design. In MS Word, Correl, Photoshop, etc. anywhere you are comfortable with. For simple text, I just really use MS Word/Mac’s Page. You can use this template for free.
- Print the design
- Cut the design. You may use a pair of scissors. You may also want to invest in a circle cutter.
- Put the cutout in the machine. Press the lever and you’re done.
You can watch the whole process on YouTube by Baylee Jae “How To Make Button (Badges)
Around three years ago, I was asked by my husband to think of something I wanted as a gift. Yeah. I chose this. I would usually choose something that could give possible income in the long run. Since I love arts and crafts, I told my husband I wanted a button pin machine. (weird, I know)
I have made many button pins (and made money) out of this simple button pin maker and had I been more aggressive in making this as a home business, I’m sure I can earn more. If you are in Jeddah, you can check out Marty & Miggy Facebook Page.
Other items you need to make button pins:
- Computer/laptop for creating the design.
- Printer (I prefer laser printer, but any printer will work)
- Pair of scissors or a circle cutter/ puncher like this here, if you want to invest in one
- Button pin set (metal plate, mylar plastic, cover) bought as a set
- Button pin machine: you may choose from the following:
Where can you use button pins, you may ask. Almost in every event. You just have to add a little creativity. 🙂 Here are some ideas:
If you are in Philippines, you can buy Button Pin machine from : Folsom Arts, Philippines
So, how can you use button pins in your niche? Just be creative and I’m sure you can think of one. =)
Follow this blog on: