Tassel earrings have been on trend lately. I’ve seen actresses wearing them on TV and people I run to in the mall have them as well. I thought of making one since I already have all the materials needed to make it. Plus, I find it so easy to do that I was able to make several pairs in less than 5 minutes.
- Suede strings (or any string or yarn you want to use
- glue (I use E6000, which is great for jewelry making, but any super glue will do)
- Cut 10 (or more if you want) strings according to your desired length.
- Put some E6000 glue inside the clasp.
- Hold all the cut strings together and put all their one ends inside the clasp.
- Let it dry.
- Done! Now, for earrings, just attach the hooks. If you want to use these as key chains or bag tassels, just hook them.
Super easy. Some sew them, but I honestly find using glue easier as I don’t have the luxury of time to sew. Plus, E6000 glue holds really well.
If you are in Jeddah, you can find this in EXO-Alesayi in Makaronah souq. You’ll also find great jewelry supplies there. Love that place. =) Here’s the location: If the map doesn’t show search for Alesayi Exo on Google Maps.
Check out this DIY tassel earring board on Pinterest for more ideas.
Read other posts from this blog about DIY accessories:
- DIY Dangling Earrings
- DIY Accessories
- August 2015 Collection: Earrings and Bracelets
- Al-Esayi (EXO)- Jewelry Making Tools in Jeddah
- Beaded Bracelets
Subscribe to Words and Wonders
*This post contains affiliate links