Are you tired? Have you just recently stumbled? Failed so bad you thought your life just ended right before your eyes? Well, maybe you are just another palm tree or cedar tree trying to grow in those difficult places you are in. =) Just keep holding on. God will renew your strength. He plans to do that, just come to him.
Some characteristics of Palm trees:
- Best known and most extensively cultivated plant families.
- They have been important to humans throughout much of history.
- Many common products and foods are derived from palms, and
- One of the most economically important plants.
- In many historical cultures, palms were symbols for such ideas as victory, peace, and fertility.
How about the Cedar tree of Lebanon? It comes close to Palm trees when it comes thriving in different conditions.
Interestingly, Cedar trees of Lebanon can :
- Grow in rocky places
- Have a natural habitat that is characterized by warm, dry summers and cool, moist winters.
- The trees are blanketed by a heavy snow cover at the higher altitudes.
- It is mainly used for furniture, construction, and handicrafts.
That is why in Psalm 92:12, it says:
The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Psalm 92:12
This is how God wants us to flourish. Like palm trees that thrive in tropical countries and deserts, God wants us to continue to bear fruit not only during the good times, but also during the tough times. Like the cedar trees growing in rocky places, He want us to stay strong and be of great use.
A person living with God, gets all his nutrients, his food from him. From his word. We get our daily bread from him.
They are planted in the house of the Lord; they flourish in the courts of our God. Psalm 92:13
God loves us. He wants our lives to flourish.
Yes. We all stumble and fall. We get tired, we feel weak, but it says that those who trust in the Lord, will find strength…in Him.
They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green, to declare the Lord is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. Psalm 92:14-15
Let’s keep growing together. =) Let’s bear fruit until we get old. I admire old and experienced people who continue to inspire and encourage others until their last breath. They use whatever strength they have. I look at myself and dare it to use every energy to declare how great God is. What else will I do with it?
Keep flourishing! =)
You can follow this blog on: