This recipe is inspired by TGIF’s Southwest Potato Twisters.
I have been really craving for Friday’s Southwest Potato Twisters lately, and thinking about the ingredients made me “feel” that it’s quite easy to do at home. =) So I decided to just make one since I have most of the ingredients that could make it taste close to the original taste.
- Lay’s Cheese (Or any potato chips you like. I prefer Lay’s cheese or plain flavor)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream (In this place, we have labneh. That’s what I use. )
- Tomatoes (diced)
- Onions (diced)
- Spring onion
- Put the Lay’s chips on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle it with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 220°C or just enough for the cheese to melt.
- Once done, top it with the diced tomatoes, onions, sour cream/ labneh.
- Garnish it with spring onion.
My version is simpler because I omitted the other ingredients that I really don’t like. If you want the full version and from scratch to the point of even making the potato ribbons, then you can check out this recipe by Potato Twisters healthyjunkfood. =)
Follow this blog on: