My son recently celebrated his 4th birthday and we decided to do everything from food to packaging, to invitations and labels. Was every effort worth it? Yes. To see the overall birthday theme fall into place looked really pleasing to the eyes. The budget? It was cut to more than half if we had pursued to go for packaged deals from party places and restaurants.
This post is for those moms who:
- HAVE TIME to do print and cut (honestly, even if you don’t have time, if you want to cut the budget, you’ll definitely MAKE SOME TIME for this. =)
- LOVE DIY projects
- WANT to CONSIDER saving up some money
- WANT to START A BUSINESS related to making party supplies
If you do not fall in any of those above, just enjoy and read through, I’ll have a list below of the possible places or people who can do these things for you whether you are in the US, the Philippines, or in Jeddah. =) Read on…
HOW TO DIY YOUR PARTY NEEDS:
STEP 1: Choose a theme.
Based on experience, it has been easier to choose a theme for girls than boys. Girls just want to be PRINCESSES!! haha So, you may choose from any of the DISNEY characters like Cinderella, Rapunzel, Elsa & Anna, Belle, etc., or from shows like Dr.McStuffins, Princess Sofia, and all the other cute characters.
For BOYS: Jake, Lego, Ben10, Handy Manny, Minions, etc.
For Weddings: You can start with the color or a setting like a beach, forest, garden, etc
STEP 2. Search for an IMAGE.
Images can solve half of your problems already when decorating kiddie parties. Use the image for background on invitations, decorations, and all the other items you are going to use.
Sources for images:
www.creativecommons.org – free for personal use
www.google.com , www.flicker.com
Examples: (TIP: Choose an image with a space for the details)
STEP 3: Choose a FONT.
A font that is associated with the theme completes the kiddie party look.
FOR DESIGNING, you can use the following websites: Very easy to use, just drag and drop.
STEP 4: Add LABELS OR TAGS.
If you still have time and resources, print LABELS and TAGS. You may stop at the tarpaulin/banner, invitation, but if you want to add more, then add labels and tags on each item that will be used in the event. Here, we just printed out the same theme and glued them on the meal boxes.
These are just examples of where you can place the labels. You can even put decorations on chairs, tables, spoons and forks, table napkins, etc.
- TIME: Buy all the necessary supplies 3 months before. You can cut every weekend. Even 10-30 minutes of cutting could finish all these in 3 months preparation.
- MANPOWER: Just print everything and ask other people to cut them for you. They would really love to help. You can ask people to attach the labels, just show them how.
- If you are low on budget, search for old items you can use for decorations. There are so many items in the house you can use for decorating a party like a vase, some thin old blankets that can be dyed and used as backgrounds or table covers.
- Use ONLINE invitation. Design one invitation and use FB messenger or email to invite online.
- You can also use color instead of a character theme. This way, you can just add the theme’s color or ribbons on the items. See this example below.
I hope these ideas can help moms prepare their kid’s birthday party. If you’d rather ask people to do it for you for some personal reasons then here are some recommended links:
Reverielanedesigns – http://reverielanedesigns.com
Timmy R. -https://www.instagram.com/timmyraymundo/ – Location: Dasmarinas, Philippines
Airah P. – https://www.instagram.com/airahparedes/ or visit her blog: https://aj098.wordpress.com
Marty Miggy– Pins and Prints