If there’s a workshop I’d recommend to KG and lower grade level teachers, it is this Certificate in Teaching Young Learners course. Attending this workshop will not only widen your understanding of teaching & understanding kids, but you will also enjoy every segment as you become actively part of the engaging activities. Participants will gain higher level of confidence in teaching, and most of all, they will have an unexplainable excitement to teach their classes after the workshop. (I’m sure of this. =))
This course is for two days. The first day focuses on the lecture part. The second day is the practicum part where the participants give a 10 minute demo while applying all the lessons they’ve learned the day before. Feedbacks will also be given by the other participants and the facilitator.
I can’t help but commend Ms. Bushra Latif, the course’s facilitator, for successfully teaching and coaching the participants. Every feedback she has given after each teaching demo is a gem to be kept and treasured. She’s very good at carefully pinpointing the areas in each participant’s presentation that needs to be improved or avoided. She has also provided great ways and techniques to every weakness she has seen in each presentation. I must say, very well done. =)
Who should take this course?
- People with no experience in teaching kids. Maybe you have just graduated, and is afraid to apply because you don’t have any teaching experiences. This workshop will greatly help you gain confidence. The teaching demo part will help you see your weaknesses and strengths as a teacher. You will get great ideas from other teachers who will present, and would be able to use them in your classes.
- KG & lower grade teachers– The techniques and tips discussed in the course will help you plan which activities suit your students best. You will also gain knowledge on how to interact with your students effectively, helping them not be merely listeners, but active participants in the classes or lessons you have.
- Teachers who want to be refreshed. Maybe you have been teaching for a long time now and feels the need to have new perspective, or just some new ideas. This workshop will help you asses your present teaching techniqe, and check wether they are still effective to your students. The demo part will surely inspire you to teach better. When you see others teaching energetically or preparing materials for the demo. You will just get excited and inspired to try them in your class.
- Teachers of higher grade levels. According to many upper grade teachers, it has become more difficult to teach the students now due to this generation’s technological advancement and poor attention span. If you teach students in the higher levels, this course will help you how to apply strategies that will be effective in your class.
- Mothers. Moms who have kids will greatly benefit from this course. If you are a mom and you want to help your child understand his or her school works better, or if you want him to enjoy learning, the tips here will surely help you have less stress when dealing with your child & his learning process.
Teaching materials prepared by the participants:
Master English Education & Training (MEET), GCC was established in 2007 with the aim to develop, promote and cater the professional development needs of the education and corporate sector.
Today, with the help and support of our passionate educators, MEET now delivers professional development courses and accredited programs all over Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and UAE. Over 900+ teachers have enrolled in our extensive programs, workshops and on-campus training
Our professional educators belong to prestigious universities in Jeddah, Riyadh, Dammam, Madinah & Dubai. MEET delivered several on-campus programs for prestigious universities in Jeddah, Riyadh & Dammam and has been recommended by many recruitment agencies as well. (From MEET website)
Next Certificate of Teaching Young Learners Training is on October 30-31, 2015
Visit the MEET Facebook page.
If you enjoyed reading this post, feel free to follow this site: